Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Paleo Diet Experiment

Okay, I've decided to eat like a caveman. No seriously, I am. I'm going to start the Paleo diet when I move home to VA next week. More on the moving later, right now it's about the diet.

Earlier today I was thumbing thru my last free installment of People Magazine and I read that Scarlett Johansson had been on the Paleo diet. I don't know about you but ScarJo looks pretty damned amazing. I was dubious at first. I asked my Facebook friends about it. No one really knew anything about it but they were curious, so I took to Google for some cold hard facts.

I found out that diet is a "back to nature" thing where you only eat what would have been available to a cave man. Normally, I wouldn't keep reading after seeing "diet" and "caveman" used in same sentence but I was more curious than disturbed. I read on. I saw the words, "all you can eat" several times. This caught my eye. All I can eat? Really? This gets better and better!

The website said I could have my fill of any fruit, any nut, any fish, and any lean meat. The only restriction was on the types of vegetables I could have. It seems that some veggies are a product of the modern agriculture age and are not allowed. Also, no sugars and no grains. No dairy either. All this is fine with me so far.

As long as I can still have my morning coffee, no one will get hurt or go to jail.

So, here we are. I am going to try this for 30 days and blog about how I feel and look. Starting next week in Virginia, I will be living the Paleo life.

Just don't call me Captain Caveman.

7 comments:

  1. I think this is among the most important information for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on
    few general things, The web site style is great, the articles is really excellent : D.
    Good job, cheers

    Check out my web blog - http://zetaclear.beep.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your means of explaining everything in this post is in fact nice, all can easily be aware
    of it, Thanks a lot.

    my blog post ... buy smoke deter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remarkable! Its actually awesome paragraph, I have got much clear idea regarding from this piece of writing.


    my page; buy hgh enrgizer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello There. I discovered your blog the use of msn.

    That is an extremely well written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly comeback.

    Have a look at my blog: buy provillus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your method of explaining everything in this piece of writing is really nice, all be capable of easily be aware
    of it, Thanks a lot.

    my web page hgh energizer

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not my first time to pay a visit this web page, i am browsing this web site dailly and take nice information from here everyday.

    my web blog ... natural male enhancment

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your website offered us with useful info to work on.
    You have performed an impressive process and our entire neighborhood will be grateful to you.


    my web blog ... virility ex

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day. Just don't be an asshole. This is a whine-free zone. Wine is always smiled upon though.