Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Let Your Freak Flag Fly!

About my blog title...

I've always felt out of place in "normal" society so I've decided to claim my title and let my FREAK FLAG FLY!

I am "middle-aged" and I no longer have the desire to conform!  It's free and liberating to know yourself and be true to that person.  Never again will I enter into a relationship of any kind that would cause me to compromise who I am.  If someone cannot accept me AS IS, they can kindly go f*** themselves.  I'm a rare jewel in a sea of rhinestones and I won't cheapen myself just to be with another shiny soulless human.

In March of this year 2012 I shaved my head in preparation for my thru-hike attempt on the Appalachian Trail.  I'd always wanted to shave my head but never had the b*lls to do it.  When I did it, I felt FREE.  Liberated.  I could breathe.  I don't know what that means exactly but I do know I was sick and tired of fussing with a head full of over processed time consuming hair that no longer made me happy.  I was at the point of wanting to please ME, not some man in my life.  That's what it had become.  My hair was a symbol of a life I longer wanted.  Now that I think about it, there's a scene in the movie, "Waiting to Exhale" where Angela Bassett's character cuts off all of long lovely hair after her husband walks out on her.  It's a sign of female liberation and I'm now part of the club.

Recently I've taken to dying it True Cherry Red and maintaining a buzz cut.  Oh the joy of freedom!


2 comments:

Go ahead, make my day. Just don't be an asshole. This is a whine-free zone. Wine is always smiled upon though.