Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Homemade Pasta Arrabbiata and My Diet Success

Pasta Arrabbiata

I'm still going strong with my diet and exercise.  Total weight loss as of this morning = 31 pounds.  I am now juicing daily and feeling FANTASTIC!  I've also been walking/jogging a mile or more every day for the past week.

I've decided to go vegan.  I made this choice for many reasons but mostly from health and compassion.  More on that later.  I'm in the middle of doing my hair and I'm freeeeeeeeezing LOL~!

I did promise to post my new favorite recipe for pasta arrabbiata that I made for dinner tonight.

I will try to post a recipe each day.  We can learn together!

This is all vegan and it tastes delish!

Pasta Arrabbiata

2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced or chopped
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomato, drained
3 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons dry red wine
Salt and pepper
1 pound pasta (gemelli or other bite sized shape)

1.  In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.  Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.  (I added half a chopped white onion to mine)  Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and wine and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cook, stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes or until the tomatoes have broken down and the flavors are well combined.  Keep warm, partially covered, over low heat while you cook your pasta.

2.  In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 minutes.  Drain well and transfer to a shallow serving bowl.  Add the sauce and toss gently to combine.  Serve immediately.

I always add extra garlic powder on top of mine.  I served this with a little bit of fresh baked ciabatta bread and olive oil.

MOLTO BENE!!!

Gotta run yall, I hope to have the PCI card for my own desktop by Monday so I will be blogging a lot more frequently.  Sorry I haven't been around much but I've been trying to keep busy and not spend a lot of time on my ass!

As a reward, I did get myself Netflix again but I only allow myself to watch it a little at a time and not spend all day in bed with it!

Bye loves!



FEBRUARY 02, 2014 UPDATE:  The vegan thing didn't last long.  No offense to any remaining vegans, it's just not for me.  I love my ribeye steaks too much!

Ribeye Steak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, make my day. Just don't be an asshole. This is a whine-free zone. Wine is always smiled upon though.