Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Failure and Renewal--NOT GIVING UP!

So, I've really been slacking off in the healthy eating department lately and now I'm paying the price.  It's really hard for me to even sit here and type this, literally, because my hands are so swollen and bloated and I'm beyond exhausted.  I've always had a slight thyroid issue but I was able to manage it when I was juicing and walking.  Now, I feel like it has REBELLED.  QUIT.

No one made me eat the things I did.  I chose to go back down that path. All the exercise in the world won't do a darn thing if you eat poorly and neglect your health.  For me, I have to do the total package or none of it works.  I know my body.  I have to fuel it properly in order to see weight loss, improved energy, and overall physical and mental well-being.  I remember how good... no...GREAT I felt when I was juicing and that's how I want to feel every day.  I certainly don't want to look and feel like THIS any longer.

I'd managed to drop from 248 down to 206 and then BAM!  I started eating poorly and not exercising.  I'm back up to 210, bloated and miserable.  I've lost 42 pounds and ideally want to lose another 42.pounds and feel/look good along the way.  I'd be happy losing 30 more pounds as long as I felt better.

I've taken my vitamins and supplements for the night.  It's almost 8pm and I am going to curl up in bed with the kitteh, our heated blanket, and a good book.  My hands are killing me and I just can't type any more.  I'd love to go on but it will have to wait for another day.

Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. I wish you well, I do hope you get to do some of the A to Z, I can relate about typing I have problems with my shoulders and arms and too much typing makes my arms pain. I have been reading self help books by Paul McKenna which also includes cds to listen to. Take care and Good luck.
    Yvonne(one of Arlee Birds ambassadors for the challenge).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne! Thanks for the comment. I am determined to do the A to Z and the NaPoWriMo! I will be adjusting the keyboard throughout the day to be sure but I really want to complete both of these challenges! I have recently updated my business site and corresponding blog so I've been online most of the day with little to no pain. For me, it's all about adequate rest the night before I blog a lot, and lots of really good coffee!!! Hahahaha. I love "The Secret" and "The Law of Attraction" and I try to maintain a healthy and positive attitude. That being said, I'm also human and realize when I'm tired and whiny and should just *log off*! See you around the blogosphere!

      Delete
  2. Popped in for a-z, but don't see your A

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! My "A" post is up! I've also posted day one of my NaPoWriMo poetry challenge. I hope you enjoy my new material. I won't be so late with posting tomorrow, I was late to the party today! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Exactly! I always say, "Go big or go home"...this gal doesn't quit for nothin'! I'm stubborn as the day is long! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Go ahead, make my day. Just don't be an asshole. This is a whine-free zone. Wine is always smiled upon though.