Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for Ennui; A to Z Blogging Challenge

#AtoZchallenge

E is for Ennui

Ennui:  n.  Listlessness and dissatisfaction resulting from lack of interest; boredom.  a feeling of listlessness and general dissatisfaction resulting from lack of activity or excitement.

I apologize in advance for this very brief, bare-bones, blog post.

I have stared at the screen all day, trying to come up with something to inspire me to write.  I came up with lots of great material but none of it relevant to the letter "E".  Therefore, I decided to be earnest and admit my literary failure for the world to see.

If nothing else, I now have lots of material for the rest of the alphabet.

I hope you can forgive me one day of ennui.

Namaste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post may have been sparse, but it was also serendipitous. I learned something new! Thank you!

Here's my "F" post, and best wishes with the rest of the challenge! http://theredkimono.com/2013/04/06/atozchallenge-f-is-for-far-far-away/

Unknown said...

Sparse or not, I loved it. Honest, to the point, and it expresses a feeling any writer has when presented with a challenge (my blank came when I was trying to figure out what to do for G, while I had TONS for F).

Ennui is also French, directly translated as "boredom" or "longing". (Says the Bobbi French-English Dictionary) :P

Can't wait to read F!

Anonymous said...

Your style is really unique compared to other people I've read stuff from.
Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll just book mark this blog.


my web blog - Eric Capolino