|1837||Birth of Alois Schicklgruber, Adolf's father, as the illegitimate son of Maria Anna Schicklgruber and - ?|
|1842||Marriage of Alois' mother to Johann Georg Hiedler.|
|1847||Death of Maria Anna Hiedler.|
|1850||Alois Schicklgruber apprenticed to a bootmaker in Vienna, Austria.|
|1855||Alois Schicklgruber given employment by Board of Inland Revenue.|
|1857||Johann George Heidler, Alois' stepfather, dies.|
|1873||Alois Schicklgruber marries Anna Glassl (no children).|
|1876||Alois Schicklgruber's name changed to Hitler.|
|1880||Alois divorced by his wife on grounds of adultery with Franziska Matzelsberger.|
|1882||Franziska Matzelsberger bears Alois a son, also given the name of Alois.|
|1883||Death of Alois' first wife, Alois marries Franziska Matzelsberger, Angela Hitler born.|
|1884||Death of Alois' second wife.|
|1885||Alois' third marriage with Klara Pölzl, granddaughter of Johann Nepomuk Hiedler, brother of Alois' deceased stepfather.|
|1889||Adolf Hitler born, the fourth child of his father's third wife, at Braunau, Austria,|
|Blogging From A to Z April 2014 Challenge|
H is for Schicklgruber Hitler
- "Hitler does not deserve any further discussion" or
- "Hitler is evil incarnate so why on earth would you want to write about him?"
- And my personal favorite, "You're a racist, antisemitic Nazi bitch!"
I've heard all of these and many more. Comments like these are born in:
- Blind acceptance of values instilled by parents and grandparents.
- Lack of exposure to belief systems different from their own/Isolation
- Fear of learning new ideals that makes them "different" from their friends and family.
In light of these statements, I want to begin this post with a personal disclaimer.
- I am an avid historian, not a Nazi.
- I enjoy discovering little-known facts about historical people without regard to their actions and beliefs.
- I find a wide variety of people fascinating, again, without regard to their politics or actions.
- I have a sense of humor. Highly inappropriate most days but damn, lighten up. Yes, Hitler was a rotten bastard but I still laugh at the memes.
- I don't give a shit about the opinion of others but I'm damn sure not putting up with asinine comments on my blog.
- My blog, my rules.
If you are unable to view things from a perspective other than your own, this may not be the blog for you.
If you have a close-minded attitude and enjoy forcing your morals, ethics, politics, or faith onto others because you "just know you're right" and the rest of the world is "wrong", this blog is not for you either.
Here is the door.
|Here is the door for everyone with a close-minded attitude.|
Those who shove their personal belief systems onto others can use this door too.
20 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT HITLER