Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Soul Mates and Cranial Rectumitis

Soul Mates:  The Perfect Fit




Soulmate

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
soulmate (or soul mate) is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity.[1]This may involve similarityloveintimacysexualitysexual activityspirituality, or compatibilityand trust.



I believe in soul mates.  Do you?  If you do and you've ever been lucky enough to find yours in this lifetime, you will truly understand the depth of my feelings in this post.  Not everyone is fortunate enough to find that one heart, that one soul, that one truly compatible human being that makes everything sparkle with light and joy.  It's such a beautiful experience that mere words can't do it justice but for the sake of this post I will try to express it as best as I can.

A soul mate is that one person who "gets you".  He (or she) understands you in ways no one else can.  He has your same wacky sense of humor, your same love of all things Star Trek, is intelligent enough to discuss the physics behind the show, and funny enough to make you laugh when you're violently ill.  He will open doors, cook you meals, but is man enough NOT to take your shit and call you out when you're being a moody bitch asshole.  (Hey, I'm a very strong-minded woman and I can be a bit *cough* stubborn/bossy/whiny/moody/bitchy but he has been the only man in my life to call me out on it.  If someone you love is telling you you're being an asshole, you're PROBABLY BEING AN ASSHOLE!)  He was never mean or rude about it, but he is just man enough to say so.  We're both very strong minded individuals and I totally respect that about him.  A strong woman needs a strong man!  I can't respect a weak man.  Just can't.  Like I said, he is man enough to cook me a beautiful dinner, take me camping/fishing/shooting, rub my back, and he also knows when I need to pull my head out of my ass and get a fresh perspective on things!  It's so nice to have all of that in one package.  (I'm not saying he's perfect, he's not, he's just perfect for me.)

I was lucky enough to meet my soul mate in 1999.  Unfortunately, we were in different places mentally, socially, and professionally.  We both knew we were meant to be together but after trying for several years we called it off.  It was the most painful breakup I've ever experienced.  Yet it truly wasn't a "breakup" because time after time we kept reaching out to one another, both hurting, both yearning, yet both knowing it still wasn't right.  Now, at last, we have reconnected once again and it's as if all the pieces finally fit.  It just FEELS RIGHT. I'm going to be spending a long weekend with him soon and see how things are between us.  We have spoken several times a day for the past few weeks and it's as if time hadn't passed at all.  We feel different as people yet the feelings of love remain.  We've had time to mature and experience more of what we don't want and can now appreciate and acknowledge what we DO want...each other.

I don't know what the future holds but I do know this:

No one else has or will ever compare to him.  No one else will ever measure up to him.  He is the standard by which I've compared all others against.  

That may not have been fair but it was how I felt in my heart.  He is truly "The One" for me.  If things do not work out for us this time around, I am truly done with love.  He has my heart, he had it then, he has it now, and he will always have it.  I sincerely want things to work out between us this time and I have a lot of positive signs that they will.  I'm just saying, honestly, that if it doesn't, I am finished with love and romance.  I will throw myself into my work and become the neurotic crazy cat lady who writes books and lives in a remote cabin.

I'll keep y'all informed.

Here is Etta James singing, "At Last".  A true Classic. 


No comments: