Friday, December 3, 2021

My Journey to Health-Day 4

 December 03, 2021


Today is Day 4 and I feel AMAZING! I still haven't mastered the "good night's sleep" yet but I'm succeeding in so many other areas. I still had a little tummy trouble today so I sliced some ginger root and boiled it, then used that water to make herbal turmeric ginger tea.  I'm 2/3 finished with the very large mug of it and I feel great.  I haven't even taken any pills today and my back and body feel better than when I was downing the Advil.  I think it's poison, tbh. When I lived in Thailand, I had a hard time finding ibuprofen and someone recommended turmeric capsules to me.  I was very skeptical but I tried them and they worked wonders. It's shocking how easily one falls back into bad habits.  Well, I'm a turmeric gal for life now!

I started moving my body today.  I put Hang Massive on and watched their 2019 live from Samsara performance and just VIBED. I wasn't able to do a lot but I did stand and stretch for a bit, then used the chair for support, then finally sat in the chair and moved my upper body.  I still feel like I got a workout and I moved my body in ways that it hasn't moved in a shamefully long time.

My brother went to the grocery store to pick me up some more fresh and frozen veggies for the weekend.  He's being very supportive! He's taking me to the gym on Monday so I can use my free day pass and talk to them about a membership. Last night I made over $8 online and I'm going to work all weekend so I'll have enough to join. I'm really excited!  I'm making an investment in ME!


TO BE CONTINUED...


To finish out the day, I fixed a salad of lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. I topped with a variety of seeds and nuts and dressed it with my FAVORITE pomegranate dressing. It was very satisfying but my stomach cramps returned.  I wasn't sure what the problem was, but after I had about 8 french fries, my tummy calmed down! Miracle cure LOL! My brother grilled burgers and cooked fries in the oven.  I wasn't even tempted by the burgers but I had to have some fries - so I did! After that, I was still feeling like I wanted something else to eat so I got a small bowl of red grapes.  I drank water all day and I had a glass of orange juice at some point. I added melatonin to my regimen and I slept really well last night. I went to sleep around midnight and woke up at 6 something with no middle of the night wake ups! I actually felt GOOD when I got up! I am not in pain like normal. I would wake up in pain daily, stiff, sore, barely able to get up, numbness in my feet and sharp pains in my lower back and legs.  Today it's barely noticeable and I bounced up off the bed like a 30 year old! I don't know if it's the elimination of alcohol, ibuprofen, meat, or breads, or the combination of all the above, but I feel GREAT!



No comments: